This month we are going BANANAS for healthy food!
Bananas are such an incredible food with amazing benefits! It is the "strong man" of fruit and promotes health in so many ways!
So what are some of the incredible benefits?
1. Bananas help our bones grow stronger!
- Bananas contain probiotics that nourish the friendly bacteria in our bodies. In a nutshell this probiotic bacteria helps us absorb more calcium!
- We all know bananas are a rich source of sucrose, fructose and glucose, all of which work together with high fibre in the banana to releases the sugars slowly into our bloodstream. This gives us enduring energy!
- Bananas also contain high levels of potassium that helps our muscles work properly during exercise and prevents the build-up of lactic acid which means less muscle cramping.
- The glucose in bananas helps boost brain power.
- Bananas also contain potassium, which research has shown can help in learning and memory by increasing alertness.
- Children who consume a potassium-rich fruit breakfast often do better on tests than children who do not.
- Bananas are high in fibre which keeps things moving through your digestive tract.
- They also contain resistant starches which improve regularity of bowel movements.
- Bananas are full of things that help combat depression including dopamine and epinephrine.
- They also contain tryptophan which helps metabolize the neurotransmitter called serotonin, known as the "happy" molecule.
- These things act to improve your mood and fight depression.
Bananas are a tasty and easy food to snack on!
- Bananas come as a self-packaged, ever-ready snack. They should be eaten when they are ripe (yellow) for the best digestion.
Some things you can try with bananas:
- Banana Breakfast Salad: http://bit.ly/Z6uf4m
- Banana Breakfast Spread: http://bit.ly/10mGYU6
Post a Comment